Developments in agricultural science and technology have contributed to remarkable increase in food production since the mid-20th century.
There have been tremendous discoveries and developments in pathogen discovery, insect taxonomy, diagnostics tools, host-pathogen interactions, genomics, and transcriptomic studies. Yet, plant pests and diseases remain the main challenges to plant growth and production. This emphasizes the need to develop innovative methods in plant pest and disease management.
The Department of Plant Sciences is pleased to organize “The 1st International Conference on Plant Protection (ICPP)” which be held at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman during December 5-7, 2022”. We cordially invite you to participate in the conference which will focus on issues related to plant pest and disease diagnosis and management.
The conference will host eminent scientists who will give keynote speeches in their fields of expertise. In addition, oral and poster presentations and social functions will give participants the opportunity to interact and establish future collaborations.
• Pests of economic importance
• Fungal diseases and their control
• Viral, Phytoplasma and bacterial diseases in plants
• Epidemiology of plant diseases
• Post-harvest pests, diseases and mycotoxins
• Integrated pest and disease management
• Insect-Host-Pathogen interactions
• Biological control
• Biotechnology in plant protection
• Weeds and their management
• Quarantine and phytosanitary measures
• Abstract’s submission deadline: June 30, 2022.
• Acceptance of abstracts: July 31, 2022.
• Deadline for submitting full-length paper September 30, 2022
• Registration deadline: October 31, 2022.
• The official email address of the conference will be: firstname.lastname@example.org